The last few month’s I have been noticing a lot of talk about Rose Water. From Youtubers like Nicole Guerriero ,to Vogue’s article French -Girls Beauty Rules. So of course, I had to look into it…and now I’m obsessed. One of the best parts, it’s affordable. You can make your own, find it at a natural food store or your favorite beauty store like SEPHORA & ULTA.
There are so many benefits to this amazing bottle of floral goodness!
- Toner: Helps cleanse and illuminate the face from the dirt and pollution of the day. Often recommend for acne- and rosacea-prone skin because “it reduces bacteria on skin, decreases inflammation, and simultaneously hydrates and soothes the skin,” says Jessica Weiser, MD, a dermatologist at New York Dermatology Group in New York City. After cleaning your face either spray the rose water on a cotton ball or you can be a lazy babe like me and just spray it right on your face. Boom…. cleansed, less red, and glowing.
- Makeup Remover— all in one
- Freshin up & Glow – That moment in the middle of the day and you look in a mirror and think “oh,shit… I have been looking like this!” Rose Water is a great pick me up for dry, winter dull skin. Or for those hot days, spray away and cool off and look great!
- Oily Skin – Not to worry – Rose Water helps balance the oil and tighten the pores.
- Sunburn Treatment: Spritz the Rose Water on your Sunburn for instant relief. Check out my other post on my favorite natural ways to cure a sunburn.
- Hair softener: Mix rose water in your regular shampoo to get softer and fresher hair. Massaging your hair with rose water promotes hair-growth. Spray it on your dry hair to bring it back to life and soften it up.
- Dark circle & Puffy Eyes: Simply pat a little rose water around your eyes to reduce both dark circles and puffy eyes.